1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar
- Pour the cream into a cold metal bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or standing mixer (with the whisk attachment) on low speed until frothy.
- Increase the speed to high and slowly add the sugar. Beat until thick fluffy stiff peaks form. Use immediately or refrigerate, covered in an airtight container for 5 hours.
Makes about 2 cups.
- For vanilla whipped cream, beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or the seeds scraped from 1/2 of a vanilla bean) with the sugar.
- For almond whipped cream, beat in 1 teaspoon of Amaretto or almond extract with the sugar.
- For pumpkin spiced whipped cream, beat in 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice with the sugar.