Poached Egg and Prosciutto Muffinwich
2 thin slices of prosciutto
2 English muffins, split in half and toasted
2 tablespoons strawberry-lemon or other citrus marmalade
2 green onions, white parts removed, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fold each slice of prosciutto in half and place it directly on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until prosciutto reaches desired crispness.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs: fill a large skillet halfway with water and bring to a simmer. One at a time, crack each egg into a small cup, then carefully slide egg into the water using the cup. Simmer, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes, until whites are set and yolks just start to thicken.
- Lay the toasted English muffin halves on a plate and spread marmalade on the top half of each.
- On the bottom half, place the crisped prosciutto and top with the poached egg. Sprinkle one chopped green onion over the egg, and place the marmalade-covered muffin half on top to serve.
Makes 2 sandwiches.