From Lauren Hendrickson, YumSugar
Roast Dijon Chicken With Spring Vegetables
1 whole chicken (between 3-5 pounds, preferably), cleaned and dried
1/2 pound of fingerling potatoes
1 onion, chopped into wedges
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 bunches of radishes, cleaned
3 bunches of carrots, peeled and cleaned
Use asparagus, bell peppers, or sweet peppers if you want a different variety of vegetables. Add the more delicate vegetables as the chicken is nearly finished to ensure they are not overcooked.
- Preheat the oven to 425º F.
- In a large oven-safe dish, layer the potatoes and onions in the bottom.
- Prepare the Dijon mixture by whisking together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, lemon pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Save the squeezed lemons and place inside the chicken cavity.
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes and onions. Coat the chicken in the Dijon mixture.
- Add one half of the chicken stock and white wine to the bottom of the pan. Periodically check the chicken and add more wine and chicken stock, if necessary.
- Cook the chicken until about three-quarters done or when the internal temperature reaches about 125º; add the carrots and radishes. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165° F.
- Serve with French bread and white wine.