- Main Dishes, Eggs
Miso butter can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until needed.
1/2 cup white miso
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
1 pound (2 bundles) asparagus, rinsed
Neutral oil, such as canola or grapeseed
8 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Use a fork to beat together the miso and butter in a small bowl until thoroughly incorporated.
- Heat the sherry vinegar in a small skillet until it just begins to bubble. Take the skillet off the heat, and add the miso butter, whisking to combine completely. Set aside.
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus, arrange the spears on a half-sheet pan, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt, and roast for 7-10 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- While the asparagus roasts, poach the eggs.
- Split the miso butter between four shallow bowls, dolloping it in the center, and spreading it out slightly. Top with roasted asparagus (split evenly between the bowls), and top each with two poached eggs and a few cracks of pepper.