Stone fruits like peaches are at their peak right now, and while eating a juicy one out of hand simply can't be beat, there are countless ways to incorporate them into your cooking — and not just desserts at that.
Use peaches as a savory ingredient to jazz up your plate, even if it's in a simple preparation, like sliced over mozzarella and bread. From grilled appetizers to pizza, we've got plenty of suggestions. Here are six of our favorite ideas.
- Bacon lovers: flip for pancetta-wrapped peaches straight off the grill.
- Caramelize stone fruit on the barbie; toss in cooled peaches to a mixed green salad.
- Try steak nachos with peach salsa for an awesome alternative to the classic.
- Add sweet-tart layers of flavor to a roasted veggie pasta salad.
- Skip the plum sauce and add peaches straight into your next stir-fry.
- Substitute peaches for cherries in a ricotta focaccia pizza.
Do you have any go-to peach recipes that aren't sweet but rather savory?