Party's Ultimate Grilled Cheese
1 loaf of ciabatta bread
butter, for melting
1/8 of Cowgirl Creamery's Mt. Tam cheese
2 ounces Italian fontina, thinly sliced
1/4-1/2 cup finely grated cave aged gruyere cheese
- Cut the rounded edge of the bread off. Discard. Slice a large chunk of bread, 3-4 inches wide. Place the rest of the ciabatta back in the bread bag and reserve for another use.
- Cut the ciabatta chunk in half horizontally, so you have a top piece and bottom piece.
- Peel back the wrapping on a stick of butter. Rub the butter on the outside of the bread.
- Pull out some of the bread's filling. Discard.
- Cover both pieces with a smooth layer of Mt. Tam.
- Top the bottom piece of bread with the sliced fontina, covering completely. Carefully mound the grated gruyere on top.
- Close the sandwich by placing the top piece over the gruyere.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Melt 1/2 teaspoon of butter in the skillet.
- Carefully set the sandwich in the skillet. Place a heavy pot over the bread and press down.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until the bread is browned and crisp. Flip and cook for another 8-10 minutes until the top is crisp and the cheese is throughly melted.
- Slice in half and enjoy immediately.
Makes 1 sandwich.