From Cooking Light, May 2001
Spring Strawberry Pie
1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
6 cups small strawberries
3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts or almonds
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
1/2 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
Get more recipes at MyRecipes.com
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare the filling, combine strawberry slices and vinegar in a medium nonstick skillet.
- Place the berry mixture over medium-high heat; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1/4 cup sugar.
- Combine the water and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add to pan, and bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in juice.
- Cool completely.
- Arrange whole strawberries, stem sides down, in crust.
- Pour cooled strawberry mixture over whole strawberries.
- Cover loosely, and chill 4 hours.
- To prepare the topping, combine 3 tablespoons cracker crumbs, nuts, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons melted butter in a small bowl.
- Place crumb mixture in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 2 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over pie.
- Top each serving with whipped topping.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl, tossing with a fork until moist.
CALORIES 229(35% from fat); FAT 8.8g (sat 4.1g,mono 2.8g,poly 1.4g); PROTEIN 2.3g; CHOLESTEROL 14mg; CALCIUM 34mg; SODIUM 176mg; FIBER 3.5g; IRON 1.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 37g