While this recipe technically serves four, it disappeared really quickly, so I would suggest making two for any kind of party.
Butter for greasing the pan
1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 1/2 cups of strawberries, sliced
1/2 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place your puff pastry on a baking sheet that has been greased with butter.
- Neatly arrange strawberries over puff pastry, leaving 1/2 inch of crust around the edges. Dust with 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar.
- Bake the tart for about 15 or 20 minutes, or until the crust begins to turn golden brown and the juices from the strawberries begin to seep out.
- While the tart is baking, in the bowl of a stand mixer (or just a large bowl if you're using a hand mixer), add whipping cream, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar. Whisk until stiff peaks  begin to form.
- Remove tart from oven and dust with powdered sugar while still hot. Slice up and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Pies/Tarts, Desserts
- Serves 4