- Main Dishes, Fish
- North American
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup packed fresh basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small red chile or 1 medium jalapeno, chopped (include the seeds if you like it spicy)
4 skinless salmon fillets, 4 ounces each
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup watercress leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- Place pine nuts, honey, lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, garlic, and chile in a blender and process until the mixture is pureed.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon, and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning twice.
- Place bell peppers and watercress in a bowl. Toss with vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover and refrigerate while the salmon cooks.
- Oil the grill rack and preheat the grill to medium-high. Remove the salmon from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the salmon on the grill rack and grill until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Brush occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Garnish with bell pepper and watercress mixture before serving.