Although summer is over and fall is kicking in, there's still a lot of sunlight each day. During this time of year, where the weather is still nice — at least it is here! — but hearty fall flavors are calling your name, do yourself a favor and make a crockpot meal. Cooking with a crockpot — or slow cooker as it's also known — means that a filling meal will be waiting for you after a full day of playing outdoors. So gather up your ingredients, stick them in the crockpot and enjoy your day! To get the recipe for this simple, but delicious meal, read more
1 pound small red potatoes, cut in half
16 oz. pkg. baby cut carrots
3 pounds boneless pork loin roast, trimmed of fat
1/4 cup Dijon mustard (or mustard of your choice)
1/2 tsp. dried tarragon leaves
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups beef broth
Makes 6 servings.
- Place potatoes and baby carrots around bottom edge of 4-6 quart crockpot.
- In small bowl, combine mustard, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and spread over pork roast.
- Place roast in crockpot and sprinkle with chopped onion.
- Pour beef broth over all.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8-9 hours until pork is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.