After the long week, who wants to jump right into the kitchen and cook? To lessen the stress of a hard week, make a super easy calzone for dinner. Store bought pizza dough makes it a perfect quick fox meal for a busy weeknight. Serve the calzones, which are filled with a quick spinach, cheese, and ham mixture, with warmed bottled marinara dipping sauce. Stock your freezer with frozen spinach and canned pizza dough crust and you'll be able to whip this up for you and the hubby any hectic time. I can't wait to make this for dinner tonight and if you can't either get the recipe, just read more
1 cup part-skim ricotta
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
3 ounces lean ham, chopped
6 oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves, drained and chopped
1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 9 ingredients.
- Divide dough evenly into 5 pieces; pat each dough piece into a 5-inch circle.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup spinach mixture onto half of each circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Fold dough over filling until edges almost meet. Bring bottom edge over top edge; crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
- Place calzones on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 14 minutes or until browned.
Makes 5 calzones.
NUTRITION PER SERVING CALORIES 356(32% from fat); FAT 12.5g (sat 5.6g,mono 4g,poly 1.5g); PROTEIN 25.2g; CHOLESTEROL 37mg; CALCIUM 497mg; SODIUM 967mg; FIBER 3.2g; IRON 3.6mg; CARBOHYDRATE 44.3g