Spinach is one of my favorite things to cook. Whether it's put into a salad or cooked into a casserole, I absolutely love the way it tastes. I recently came across a simple recipe for spinach sautéed with pine nuts and golden raisins. While I have put raisins in many a spinach salad, I've never put them in cooked spinach. I think the squishy texture of the raisins will go nicely with the slightly wilted spinach. To get the recipe and try it for yourself, read more.
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons golden raisins
1 tablespoon pine nuts
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 10-ounce bag fresh spinach, tough stems removed
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon shaved Parmesan cheese
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add raisins, pine nuts and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and salt.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and pepper.
- Side Dishes, Vegetables