From silly cats to celebrities cuddling with their adorable dogs, there was lots to be thankful for this November. And we caught a few of our favorite famous pets enjoying themselves, too. After noshing Thanksgiving turkey, kick back and catch up with a few celebrities and their furry friends.
We get it, bountiful Thanksgiving leftovers may be ultra-enticing on day one, but they get old fast. Thankfully we've come up with creative, and generally simple, ways to give everything from dark-meat turkey to zingy cranberry sauce a new lease on life.
P.S. If you have leftover gravy, just slather it on everything (leftover gravy solution — check!)
Get your kicks for cheap as we head into the Thanksgiving weekend with these 12 sexy Kindle books that are all under $4! Escape the endless questions from family, and roll your stuffed self over to a cozy corner to read these hot picks. There are vampires, Jane Austen, infidelity, murder, cowboys, and more! They might not stay this cheap for long, so put a few on your Kindle now to stay sane during the holidays. Check them all out below:
We all love classic bread pudding; it's cozy, comforting, and ideal for holiday dinners and brunches. Add to that the season's most beloved ingredient (pumpkin) and it only gets better. But wait, we're not done yet! We're paying homage to Thanksgivukkah by adding rich, eggy challah and tart cranberries to the mix. All in all, it's a great way to use up leftover challah from the holiday feast. Watch the video to see how it's made, then print out the recipe.
Thanksgiving is a holiday full of lots of family and friend time, and while it's a great time to be in a relationship, there are also perks to being single. With everyone's significant others around the table, you may have a moment or two where you're feeling a little bit of lack, or even lonely. When the question comes up, and it certainly will if you've got a family like mine, take a breather and give yourself a quick reminder. There are so many reasons to be grateful for the place that you're in today, regardless of whether you've got a beau on your arm or not. Here are five things to remember, and get grateful for, this Thanksgiving.
- Quality time with your people. It can be a little bit of a battle to figure out where the two of you will spend Thanksgiving. Instead of stressing about splitting the time evenly, all you have to worry about is spending quality time with your family and friends.
- Holiday movie marathons. While the Christmas movies are starting to pop up on TV, you know that Thanksgiving kicks off the endless supply of full-blown holiday movie marathons. No need to worry about missing back-to-back showings of A Christmas Story and Miracle on 34th Street while the boys are watching what seems like an endless supply of football.
- Pure freedom. You are the center of your world right now. You've got the privilege of coming and going as you please. There's plenty of time to consider someone else in your future, but right now focus on the abundance of options you have in your life.
- Skip the drama, mama. No need to stress about your fam not getting along with your boyfriend or not so secretly cringing when your brother embarrasses you in front of everyone. The only thing you've got to be worried about this holiday is getting first dibs on your favorite Thanksgiving foods.
- No settling for this girl! There's a reason you're not in a relationship right now, and it's because you're not looking for anyone, you're looking for the right person. You are awesome enough to recognize that. And that's something to be grateful for.
You've grilled, braised, or roasted up a beauty of a bird, but now what? While carving a turkey might seem daunting the first go-round, all it takes is a little know-how and practice (it gets easier every time!) to carve and plate a turkey worthy of centerpiece status.
P.S. Don't forget to show off the intact bird before you dig in, but carve it up in the kitchen (rather than table-side) to avoid prying eyes, all the pressure, and contain any potential mess.
We learned so many lessons about life, love, and relationships during the decade-long run of one of TV's most iconic shows, Friends. That's why it comes as no surprise that every year, the Friends Thanksgiving gave us a hefty dose of wisdom and truth. Our favorite group of buddies always seemed to encapsulate the love, gratitude, madness, and dysfunction that all rolls into one big, crazy holiday. We're taking a look back at our favorite Friends Thanksgiving moments and what we learned while we laughed.
It's Definitely Not the Time For Dieting
So Slap On Those Elastic Turkey Pants, and Disregard Naysayers
There Are Healthy Ways to Work Out Issues With Your Siblings
There Are Also Nonhealthy Ways to Work Out Issues With Your Siblings
It's Not Thanksgiving If You Don't Torture Your Loved Ones
Check out the rest of our favorite moments after the jump!
Happy Thanksgiving! We're getting into the spirit of stuffing our faces early with some side-splitting memes. What's Thanksgiving without turkey, pumpkin pie, and Grumpy Cat? Before you chow down, let out a laugh (or 12) with memes that tell it like it is. From food coma cats to hipster jokes, your entertainment awaits.