My friend Jon's favorite food is pork chops. He loves them so much that in college we lovingly nicknamed him Pork Chop. He is coming to dinner and I thought I would prepare a healthier version of his beloved pork chops. Although it's Friday, I won't have a whole bunch of time to prep a dinner so I am using this simple recipe - the chops and salad can be ready in practically 15 minutes! To make this meal for the pork chop lover in your life, read more
1/3 cup plain dried bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
4 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 large ripe tomato (12 ounces)
1/2 small red onion
1 bag (4 to 5 ounces) baby arugula
- On waxed paper, combine bread crumbs, Romano, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In pie plate, with fork, beat egg.
- Dip chops, 1 at a time, in egg, then in bread-crumb mixture to coat. Repeat with remaining chops.
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chops and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until browned, turning chops over once.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Coarsely chop tomato; thinly slice onion. Toss arugula, onion, and tomato with dressing in bowl.
- Transfer chops to 4 dinner plates; top with salad.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: Based on individual serving. Calories: 370, Total Fat: 22 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 128 mg, Sodium: 800 mg, Carbohydrates: 14 g, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 31 g