This creative and scrumptious dish combines succulent peaches with snow peas, tofu, and water chestnuts. The mixture is tossed with a quick homemade teriyaki sauce and served atop a bed of slippery noodles.
This meal comes together in less than 30 minutes, but if you are really pressed for time, simply use your favorite store brand teriyaki. Get the vegetarian recipe now.
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbs. sherry or sake
1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
1 1/2 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
2 Tbs. minced garlic
2 Tbs. cornstarch
8 oz. water chestnuts
2 oz. teriyaki-flavored baked tofu
8 oz. sliced bamboo shoots
4 oz. round or flat rice stick noodles
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 peach, sliced
3 oz. snow pea pods, trimmed
- To make Teriyaki Sauce: Combine all ingredients in small bowl, and set aside.
- To make Stir-Fry: Place water chestnuts, tofu and bamboo shoots in Teriyaki Sauce, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring large pot of water to a boil, and cook noodles until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse and drain again. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large wok or skillet over medium heat. When hot, add water chestnuts, tofu, bamboo shoots and Teriyaki Sauce, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add peach slices and snow pea pods, and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- To serve, portion noodles on individual plates, and spoon Stir-Fry over top.
- Tofu, Main Dishes
- Other Asian