Seems that sprouts aren't the only thing being recalled due to salmonella bacteria. This time it's batches of Aunt Jemima Pancake and Waffle Mix: Original, Original Complete, and Buttermilk Complete. According to Aunt Jemima folks, there is only a health risk if it's consumed raw or undercooked. At this time, no illnesses have been reported.
The products — both two and five pound boxes — have best before dates of FEB 08 09 H through FEB 16 09 H stamped on top. The UPC codes are:
- 30000 43272 Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete 5 lb.
- 30000 05040 Aunt Jemima Original 2 lb.
- 30000 05070 Aunt Jemima Original Complete 2 lb.
- 30000 05300 Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete 2 lb.
If you think you have this product, or if you have any questions, contact Aunt Jemima at 1-800-407-2247.
And if one recall wasn't enough today, the East Coast based Stop & Shop Supermarket has recalled products that were sold in their deli. The following products have been recalled because they may have been contaminated with the Listeria monocytogenes bacteria.
- Breaded Chicken Cutlet (labeled GB BRD CHIX CUTLETS or GB BR CHIX CUTLTS)
- Chicken Marsala (labeled GB CHIX MARSALA)
- Grilled Lemon Chicken (labeled GB GR LEMON CHIX or GB GR LNI CHCKN)
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken (labeled GB GR TERIYKI CHIX or GB GR TRYKI CHICKN)
No illnesses have been found, but folks who have purchased these products should immediately dispose them. You can contact Stop and Shop for more info.
So tell me do all these food recalls change your purchasing habits?