Ultimate Oatmeal Cookie: Hazelnut Chocolate Chip
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
3/4 cup hazelnuts, roasted, finely chopped
3/4 cup Guittard Semi Sweet Chocolate chips
1/4 cup Scharffen Berger Cacao Nibs
- Heat oven to 350°F. On a foil lined cookie sheet, roast the hazelnuts for 10-15 minutes until very fragrant. Let cool slightly, place the nuts in a clean hand towel and gently rub to remove the skin. Finely chop.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well.
- Add nuts, chocolate chip and cocao nibs, mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes about 3 dozen.