Vanilla Cupcakes With Chocolate Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup chocolate liqueur
White frosting, recipe below
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 18 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups.
- In large mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup butter, granulated sugar, and oil with electric mixer on medium speed to combine. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Add half the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and blend well. Add 1/4 cup sour cream; blend. Add the remaining dry ingredients; blend. Add remaining sour cream and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla; blend.
- Fill lined cups three-quarters full. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes on wire rack in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 18 cupcakes.
White Frosting: In large mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup chocolate liqueur, 2 tablespoons whipping cream, and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla with electric mixer on medium-high speed. Beat in one 16-ounce box powdered sugar until combined.