Instead of using eggs, this easy vanilla pound cake with lime glaze, calls for silken tofu. It's a good substitute for vegan baked goods that results in a moist, soft-textured cake.
The recipe is adaptable, if you don't have limes on hand, simply use lemons or orange as any citrus goes well with pound cake. To look at the make-in-advance recipe, read more.
Vanilla Pound Cake
5 oz. silken tofu, drained
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup vanilla soymilk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 Tbs. lime juice
- To make Vanilla Pound Cake: Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Blend tofu, sugar, oil, soymilk and vanilla extract in food processor until smooth.
- Whisk together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Fold in tofu mixture. Pour into loaf pan, and bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, then unmold and cool on wire rack until just warm.
- To make Lime Glaze: Whisk together sugar and lime juice in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake. Cool cake completely before serving to allow glaze to set.
- Desserts, Cake