3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup (35 grams) red onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
4 cups (120 grams) baby spinach, finely chopped and packed
1/2 cup (55 grams) walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
1/2 cup (60 grams) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
2 cups (100 grams) arugula, finely chopped and packed
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (15 grams) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped and packed
1/2 cup (40 grams) panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1 1/2 pounds (680 grams) cremini mushrooms, 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter, stemmed
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat it to 375°F. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Warm the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture softens and turns fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the spinach, walnuts, and tomatoes. Sauté for another 2 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
- Add the arugula, 1/3 cup of the parsley, and the panko, and stir to combine. Turn off the heat. Add the vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- To stuff the mushrooms, place them on the prepared baking sheet, tops down. Fill each mushroom cavity with about 1 tablespoon of the filling, or however much it can hold. Place a few pine nuts on top of each mushroom.
- Bake the mushrooms for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they are tender when pierced with a knife. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the mushrooms cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the parsley and let cool for at least 3 minutes. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- Finger Foods, Appetizers
- North American
- 6 servings
- Calories per serving