We love Slashfood so much that every Thursday we round up their most delicious stories. Here are this week's finds:
- Baps — Scottish bread rolls — are soft, airy, and ideal for beginner bakers.
- Predictions for three national food chains that won't survive the recession.
- Would you eat this pickle and ice cream cupcake?
- Oregon lawmakers have proposed a 1,900 percent state tax increase on beer.
- Ripoff alert: Some items on Dairy Queen's new "Sweet Deals" menu actually cost more than ordering items a la carte.
- Supermarket chain Albertson's is shuttering a number of locations.