- Instead of using tomato sauce, top pizza dough with the pesto. Sprinkle with cheese and tomatoes for a scrumptious twist on the classic pizza margherita.
- Toss with plump cooked shrimp or serve on top of grilled whole fish.
- Make a Summer lasagna, but use pesto in place of tomato sauce.
- Grill bread, then top with goat cheese or mozzarella. Drizzle the pesto over the top for a quick but tasty appetizer.
- Make pasta salad: throw the pesto, a bunch of veggies, and pasta into a bowl. Mix well to combine, then chill several hours, so the flavors can blend together.
- Serve atop grilled lamb chops.
- Spread onto a baguette and make a sandwich with roast turkey, avocado, and tomato slices.
- Coat mini balls of mozzarella with the pesto. Skewer onto toothpicks with cherry tomatoes and croutons.
What do you like to make with pesto? Share your suggestions below!
Source: Flickr User diekatrin