- It's fun. Think about it: when do you open champagne? Or Prosecco? Or Cava? When you're at a party! Uncorking sparkling wine is practically synonymous with having a good time.
- You have the chance of getting the first sip. If you pour too quickly, the champagne glass will overflow. In order to make sure it doesn't spill on the ground or your party dress, there is only one thing to do: drink it!
- If you do it right, no one will get hurt. Make sure you know the proper technique for opening a bottle of champagne; always point the bottle away from you and anyone else who is nearby.
- The more bottles you open, the better you will be at it. Practice makes perfect, so start drinking more bubbly and you'll get better and better at sliding off the cork.
- The sound is an instant signal for "the party has started!" It shouldn't cause alarm; it's the sound of anticipation for the party. It bursts with excitement!
Are you a pro at opening bottles of bubbly? For those who are scared of it, will you give it another try?