- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American
1 seeded Kaiser roll
1 slice Monterey jack cheese
1 cooked sausage patty
2 tablespoons guacamole
2 slices of tomato
Thinly sliced red onion, optional to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Slice the Kaiser roll in half horizontally, and lay the cheese slice on the bottom half. Place both pieces of the roll in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the sausage patty, turning occasionally, until the sausage is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Reduce the skillet heat to low, and add the eggs. Scramble the eggs, cooking slowly and folding, so that they form a loose, omelet-like patty.
- Place the heated Kaiser roll open on a plate, and top the melted cheese with guacamole, tomato, and sausage patty.
- With a spatula, remove the scrambled eggs from the skillet and lay on top of the sausage.
- Top the eggs with red onion slices if desired, replace the top half of Kaiser bun, and serve.
Makes one sandwich.