1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar or pinch
1 store-bought bag shredded slaw mix (containing red and green cabbage and carrots)
1 Hass avocados — halved, pitted, and peeled
2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
1 small jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons minced green onion
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
juice from one lime
1 wheat tortilla
1/4 cup finely grated gruyere cheese
1 small white fish fillet (I used red snapper)
salt, pepper, and olive oil to taste
1/2 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- Make coleslaw: in a large bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Add the shredded slaw mix and toss until combined. Set aside.
- Make guacamole: in a medium bowl, mash the avocados, sour cream, jalapeño, green onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Season the guacamole with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make nachos: preheat the oven to 375°F. Using a small cookie cutter, cut 9 circles out of the wheat tortilla. Place tortilla rounds on a baking sheet and coat with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes until crisp.
- Remove from the oven and top each round with a teaspoon of grated cheese. Change the oven setting to broil, and broil the chips until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, brush the fish with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat until lightly charred and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer the fish to a platter and break apart into bite-sized flakes.
- Spread a little of the guacamole on top of the cheesy chip. Top with a little fish, coleslaw, and the fresh tomatoes. Enjoy immediately with lime wedges for garnish.
*This is enough coleslaw for 6-8 servings.