During the three days PartySugar and I spent at this year's Food and Wine Classic, we came across a lot of amazing and tasty things. From pork to peas, we were treated to some of the best food from some of the most amazing chefs on the planet. It was a difficult task, but I've rounded up my top 10 favorite things. Read them below and then be sure to click through for all the pictures.
- David Chang's Pork Party (specifically the pork buns)
We were lucky enough to attend the David Chang and friends after-party on Saturday night. The highlight was chowing down on his pork buns and wraps, and then learning that there was also crab and whole roasted piglets.
- Ming Tsai with tofu on his face
During his cooking demonstration, Ming got a piece of tofu on his face. When he looked at the mirror (which was facing the crowd) he said, "I can't see it, all I see is white people."
- Jose Andres cooking with his 9-year-old daughter Carlota
He has such a great personality and is so much fun to watch. Having his daughter help on stage made it even more fun.
- Jeremy Fox's Best New Chef dish
I was a bit dubious about the Best New Chef's pea, mint, white chocolate, and macadamia nut concoction, but it was so delicious! I couldn't stop eating them, PartySugar practically had to pull me away from the the table.
To discover what else made my list, plus a gallery of images, just read more.
- The gorgeous weather and scenery
I had never been to Aspen before, and what you hear is true. It is absolutely gorgeous there.
- The Puerto Rican pig party during the tasting
On the last day of the event, the Puerto Rico booth celebrated by bringing in an entire pig on a spit. They also brought their own traditional band, creating a dance party right in the center of the tent.
- Laura Werlin's Raw Cheese class
I had the opportunity to take a class with cheese guru Laura Werlin. At 11 a.m. I already had eight amazing cheeses and three glasses of wine.
- Talking to Wylie Dufresne about pork
At the David Chang party, Chef Dufresne was serving up roasted pork. I wanted to shake his hand, but it was dripping with pork fat.
- The banter between Tom and Padma
Tom and Padma held a cooking demonstration where they each cooked dishes, and bickered like old pals. At one point Padma even referred to Tom as her TV husband.
- Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto walking around with a humongous fish slung over his shoulder.
The picture pretty much says it all.
- David Chang hosted a party that Party and I attended. Here's Chang earlier in the day, at his cooking demo.
- Chang served the dishes he made during the demo, pork buns and spicy lettuce wraps, at the party.
- Ming Tsai, before he had the tofu on his face!
- Jose Andres and his adorable daughter Carlota.
- This pair put Jacques Pepin and his daughter Claudine to shame.
- Jeremy Fox's pea, mint, white chocolate, and macadamia nut concoction,
- The scenery in Aspen: gorgeous!
- Later in the afternoon, we saw this same pasture filled with elk.
- The Puerto Ricans bring in their whole roasted pig.
- The band that accompanied the pig.
- Laura Werlin talks cheese.
- The cheese plate.
- Wylie slices up pork at the David Chang party.
- Tom and Padma getting flirtatious.
- Gail joins Tom and Padma on stage.
- Morimoto holding a whole salmon.