Posts for October 14th 2007
- This week we continued to feature a new cookie recipe everyday in honor of National Cookie Month. Some of the highlights include: witch hat cookies, almond cookies, and toffee crunch cookies.
- Speaking of cookies, I hope to someday make them in this foldable oven.
- Like sports? Why don't you plan the perfect tailgate party?
- Make fresh tomato soup while the tomatoes are still ripe.
- Test your airplane food IQ.
- Alright, you know the drill, we give you butternut squash, heavy cream and sage. What do you plan on making?
- It's National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and I want to know, Do you purchase pink breast cancer products?
- If you love cheesecake, but want to give it a new twist, try making a lemon goat cheese cheesecake. I promise you won't be disappointed.
- Don't throw away those pumpkin seeds; you should try roasting them instead.
- Want fresh olive oil? Why don't you adopt an olive tree?
Florentine cookies make excellent gifts. Wrapped in plastic baggies and tied with a festive ribbon, who could deny such a tasty treat? Despite their name — which hints at an Italian heritage — florentines were originally created by Austrian bakers. These flat cookies are wonderful alone, but taste even better with chocolate sandwiched between two layers. If you prefer dark chocolate over milk, use that instead. For this scrumptious recipe, read more
Not every Sunday Dinner needs to take up your entire day in the kitchen. However, you don't have to let your friends and family know that. Sometimes a decadent dish can be ready in mere minutes, but you can pretend that you slaved over it all day. Next time you need a simple, but impressive dish, try this Lemon Butter Baked Salmon with Tagliatelle and Parsley. For the recipe, read more