If you are interested in experimenting with a new type of Fall ingredient, why not try acorn squash? That's what TeamSugar reader llendril did recently. She expertly stuffed the squash with a scrumptious mixture of chicken sausage, black beans, onions, and peppers. The final result was a delicious and divine meal with a gorgeous presentation. These stuffed squash would be a wonderful impromptu dinner party dish! To see how she made them, read more
Posts for October 19th 2007
Calling all you crazy partyers, hostesses with the mostess, and anyone else who loves to party as much as I do! Join my Super Special Occasions group on TeamSugar and share pictures of the parties you planned, hosted, or attended. There are tons of members, but I'd love it if more of you would show us your photos! That way, we can all get inspiration from the parties we've attended.
I love looking at party pics for new ideas on centerpieces, tablecloths, and food spreads. For example, check out these adorable baby-bootie favors that KWM's mom recently made for a baby shower. Looking at these dainty booties makes me want to decorate a table with lots of white eyelet and pretty pink ribbon. So why are you waiting? Start sharing your party pics!
Take the Quiz
Think you know what happened on YumSugar this week? Take our weekly quiz and see if you do! All of the answers can be found in this past week's posts, so let's find out whether or not you've been paying attention! Ready to start?
I've been on a crazed hunt for the perfect Halloween cocktail. I envisioned a black martini, but the only recipes I could find involved chocolate-flavored vodka. Don't get me wrong: There is a time and a place for chocolate vodka, but Halloween is not that time or place.
When I saw this recipe for a Black Widow, I assumed it involved chocolate, but —surprise! — it's actually dark grape juice that gives this drink a glorious hue. To get the devilishly delicious recipe I'll be making on All Hallow's Eve, read more
We are so excited to welcome the latest member of our Sugar family, PetSugar!
PetSugar is your go-to site for all things fabulously furry, feathered, and finned. Whether you're already a pet owner, dreaming of one day owning a pet, or just in need of a cute pick me up, PetSugar is the place for the latest and greatest pet news, product reviews and yummy treasures that will make your pets come running. Your lovable pet can also become a celebrity on the site! Stay tuned for features like:
- Pet Peeves and To the Rescue: Are you having trouble house training your cat? Does your puppy hide when you call him to come eat? PetSugar will help you find solutions to your training troubles and share simple guides to caring for your animals.
- Out and About: With a new post every day, and a new state every week, Out and About will be your guide to pet friendly travel expeditions and hot spots across the country!
- In the Spotlight: Jealous of celebrity pets? PetSugar will help you find star worthy pet gear so your pets can be as pampered as Oprah's Cocker Spaniels and Golden Retrievers and Jessica Simpson's little Daisy.
Check out PetSugar — it's an indispensable guide to caring for a girl's best friend !
A pumpkin carving party has become my signature Halloween soirée. To make it simple on guests, I supply the pumpkins and all of the carving tools. But each year it seems you can find better, more cutting-edge carving tools at grocery stores and culinary chains. Can you help me update my collection of tools?
Head off to market in search of precision knives, sharp scoopers, and anything fabulous in between. Save the tool sets in the Yum Market on TeamSugar with the keyword tag Pumpkin Carving Tools. On behalf of the guests who will attend the event, thanks for searching!
To learn more about bookmarking, please refer to geeksugar's easy how to.
To get you started, take a look at my favorite online stores and read more
The other day I posted a recipe for Banana Peanut Butter Cookies and noticed that there was just a bit of rum in that recipe. Rum and bananas pair really well together, so I wondered what other rum/banana creations I could find. I then came across these Banana Rum Coconut Cookies that are a little bit hearty and a lot tasty. To get the recipe, read more
On nights when I want a restaurant-quality meal without the fuss of going out or the hassle of standing in front of the stove, I turn to my oven. The oven is an excellent tool that can be used to make hearty, homey meals without a lot of hard work. For tonight's meal, chunked sausages, peppers, onions, and potatoes are all tossed together in a pan and left in the oven for 30 minutes. You can come home from work, pop it in the oven, hop in the shower, and enjoy in front of the TV. Paired with a glass of red wine and a green salad, get this perfect Friday night meal and read more
- Mario Batali believes that 99.9 percent of Americans over-sauce their pasta. — Serious Eats
- Love to bake cupcakes? These must-have accessories will make them a little bit sweeter. — iVillage
- Get crafty and make your own reusable grocery bag. — Apartment Therapy
- Do you know the name of this fruit? — CasaSugar
- How would you like to be fired for truffle squishing? That's what happened this week to one of Britain's top chocolate makers. — Slashfood
- Food in New York City has become its own brand. — Will Work For Food
- Between starring in reality shows and launching magazines, do celebrity chefs actually cook?. — Chow
- Get the nutritional breakdown on your favorite nuts. — FitSugar
- If you don't want to spend tons of money on cookbooks, think about joining Booksfree. — Culinate
- Get prepared for holiday baking by making your own apple and pumpkin pie spice mixes. — Baking Bites