Posts for October 7th 2007
When I found out that it was National Cookie Month, I was excited at the idea of sharing my favorite cookie recipe with you guys. If you're a long time reader of Yum, then you'll know that I've shared it before. However, if you've tried the recipe, then you know they're definitely worth talking about again! These Chewy Ginger cookies come out perfect each time; I make them super-sized and folks always ask where I bought them! To get your hands on my favorite cookie recipe, read more
- Don't miss out on October's must haves. I know I want everything on the list!
- This week we crowned a new Top Chef, and mentally prepared for the Next Iron Chef. Meanwhile, Gordon Ramsay helped fix up another restaurant.
- Did you know that it's National Cookie Month? We're celebrating by bringing you a different cookie recipe every day and we're even offering great tips on how to host your own cookie party!
- Speaking of cookies, how well do you know chocolate chip cookies?
- October is also National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You can bet that we'll highlight different products and organizations that raise awareness.
- Watch out! There's been a recall on ground beef patties and on white chocolate.
- This week we want to know, do you lick the bowl>? Maybe you're a food sampler instead?
- My favorite thing all week: Space Food Sticks. How could you not love commercials from the 60s?
- Would you drink a bottle of dirt? No? How about perspiration?
- And finally, congrats to lexichloe for being last month's top talker! If you're this month's top talker, you could win a YumSugar t-shirt!
Sometimes you need a great dinner for your family, but only have a little bit of time to put it together. On days like those, the idea of putting a full roast chicken on the table seems a bit daunting. However, with a little shortcut — replacing a full roast with just drumsticks — you can cut out the excess roasting time and have dinner on the table in 30 minutes. To get the recipe for a quick Sunday dinner, read more