Posts for November 18th 2007
- Thanksgiving is next week! This week we planned a full Vegetarian Thanksgiving, gave you tips on how to roast a turkey, how to make great gravy and what to do to make your meal a vegetarian friendly one.
- We also tested out the oven-to-freezer turkey from Jennie-O.
- PartySugar takes us behind the scenes of Dining by Design. Be sure to check out the huge gallery of great tablescape ideas.
- Party also makes a delicious dulce de leche cake. I only wish I got a piece.
- Cook's Illustrated editor Christopher Kimball had quite a few words to say.
- Friday was National Fast Food Day. Do you know your fast? If so, then take this quiz and prove it. Also, be sure to tell us what your fave fast food place is.
- Do you know the difference between beer and chocolate?
- The gift-giving holidays are right around the corner! To help you out, we've officially started our gift guides!
- Want ultracrisp pizza? Mark Bittman suggests you pan-fry it.
- These pecan pie cookies will be a hit at an upcoming cookie swap, or for dessert on Thanksgiving.
- Remember the batter blaster? I found some at the store and tried the canned batter out.
- Was your local Chinese restaurant named one of the best Chinese restaurants in the USA?
- And finally, congrats to the winners of our Haute Hostess Apron giveaway! Stay tuned for more great contests.
If you're looking for an alternative to a traditional roasted turkey, you may want to consider a turkey roulade. I found this recipe for a rolled turkey breast — get your butcher to double butterfly it ahead of time — filled with crimini, porcini and pancetta. It looks wonderfully gourmet and will be sure to be a hit on Thanksgiving. If you can't wait until then, start your feasting today, get the recipe, just read more