Posts for December 16th 2007
- There was a lot of gingerbread this week. From classic gingerbread cabins to mid-century modern gingerbread houses, we had something for everyone. Find a great recipe and then create your own! You've got until Tuesday to submit your creation for our gingerbread neighborhood!.
- Wishing you could find pure bottled water?
- Can you figure out which celebrities designed these charitable lunchboxes?
- Donating money to the UN World Food Programme could win you some amazing foodie prizes.
- Get ready for the holidays by decorating your house with food inspired ornaments, snowman accessories and festive shotglasses.
- Once you have all the decorations, invite everyone over for an Ugly Sweater Party.
- Would you eat a scorpion? How about a soup made from hornets?
- Speaking of wild foods, Food Network will be re-airing Anthony Bourdain's original show.
- Our holiday gift guides continued. This week we covered ideas for the bartender, the seafood lover, the food snob, the grill master, and the beer lover.
- Finally don't forget to vote in our Best of 2007 polls. This week we want to know:
- Who is your favorite food reality judge?
- Who is your favorite food reality contestant?
- What is your favorite food holiday?
- What is your favorite food trend of 2007?
- What is the top US foodie destination?
- What is the top non-US foodie destination?
- What is your favorite chain restaurant?
- What is the best grocery store chain?
Pork happens to be one of my favorite meats. Yet strangely, I don't seem to eat it very often. I like the way the meat has a ton of flavor, and yet it doesn't feel too heavy. Tonight I'm hoping to fix up a loin of pork and chow down on a delicious feast. The flavor in this recipe comes from a fennel and garlic paste that is generously rubbed on the outside. After roasting for over an hour, the flavor is sure to penetrate through and make for a wonderful Sunday dinner. To get the recipe, just read more