Posts for December 9th 2007
- December is here! That means it's time for another round of monthly must haves.
- Sometimes you need a little more "fun" at a party. When that happens, why don't you surprise everyone with unexpectedly tasty Jell-O Shots?!
- For all of you lawyers our there — or those that want to make something for a lawyer you know — check out my version of SacherTorte Reformed.
- Looking for something a bit more hearty? Try both a beginner and expert version of Minestrone Soup.
- This week we've launched our Best of 2007 polls. Be sure to place your votes for:
- Are you planning a holiday shindig? If so be sure to check out our Holiday Cocktail Party tips, recipes, invite ideas and more.
- Speaking of invites, have you seen our chic printable ones? You just download them, print and send!
- Don't miss out on our Holiday Gift Guides. This week we've come up with ideas for the Haute Host or Hostess, the Cupcake Fiend, the Foodies who Garden, the Wine Snob, and everyone's favorite: The Chocoholic.
- And finally, be sure to enter our Ulitimate Holiday Entertaining Giveaway! The contest ends Monday, so be sure to get your entry in.
When I was a kid, my mom would always save the white chicken meat for my dad. It wasn't until I was a bit older that I realized it created the best situation for my mom. By saving the white meat, she was able to look like a nice wife and she was able to save the best part of the chicken for herself. The white meat of the bird is very tasty, however it's the complex dark meat that is oh-so-delicious. If you enjoy the flavor as much as I do, then check out this recipe I found for Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs. It's a quick meal — however it does require quite a long marinating time — that will be perfect for your Sunday evening. To get the recipe, read more