I'm all for useless and unnecessary covers that personalize or beautify gadgets, foods, and everything in between. But when I saw these silver plated ice cream containers I thought, wow who would honestly buy them?? The idea is to slide the regular old Ben & Jerry's into these silver holders to hide the ugly carton. These containers not only promote extreme excess but over eating as well. Since when did a pretty little bowl become old fashioned? Are we really too lazy to scoop ice cream into a bowl? Before I rant about the horrible eating habits of Americans, tell me silver ice cream containers: love it or hate it?
Posts for June 16th 2007
- This week we started things off with some clever ideas to celebrate dad. Treat him to delectable desserts, yummy drinks, or
the perfect gift.
- Things in the reality tv world are starting to heat up. Top Chef delivered with a great season 3 premiere, The Next Food Network Star took us back into the kitchen, and is Gordon Ramsay turning into a softy on Hell's Kitchen?
- Candy Month is still going strong. We've got some cute candy purses for you to use as inspiration. As well as a classic Pixy Stix Sandwich and some Reese's infused peanut butter cookies. If you want to help participate, check out the submission guidelines.
- Whether you're a beginner in the kitchen or a pro with years experience, we've got chicken parmesan two ways.
- Do you like cilantro?
- This week we learned how to easily dry wine glasses, make perfectly round cookies and what a tasting menu is all about.
- Someone introduces me to clairesquares, my waistline will never be the same again.
- Looking for a fast and easy dinner? Try triple-mango chicken or black bean tacos.
- If you are planning a party any time soon consider making decorations with tomatoes and grapes.
- The most exciting moment of the week was when we spoke with Kimberly Jackson of Jax vineyard. She provides all of the wines for HBO's Entourage!
Last week for 52 weeks of baking, YumSugar made cheese chips an undeniably easy taste treat. Warm, melted cheese that is crisped to perfection: how could anybody refuse? Several of you mentioned that you incorporate cheese chips into a very delectable salad. Cheese chips make a nice crunchy alternative to croutons. Pair this simple salad with grilled fish, meats, or seafood pasta. Stay away from pairing it with dishes that are heavy on cheese, you want to allow the flavorful cheese crisps to stand out. The basic vinaigrette is a classic that should be in every home cook's repertoire so get the recipe now and read more