This item will make something last a little bit longer. Got any idea on what it is? To find out read more
Posts for September 2007
Although summer is over and fall is kicking in, there's still a lot of sunlight each day. During this time of year, where the weather is still nice — at least it is here! — but hearty fall flavors are calling your name, do yourself a favor and make a crockpot meal. Cooking with a crockpot — or slow cooker as it's also known — means that a filling meal will be waiting for you after a full day of playing outdoors. So gather up your ingredients, stick them in the crockpot and enjoy your day! To get the recipe for this simple, but delicious meal, read more
Fall has arrived and the leaves aren't the only things that are changing. The booths at your farmers' markets are too. The summer crops are winding down and they're making way for new fall ones. To test your knowledge, I've come up with a quick quiz where you decide if it's a fall fruit or not!
If it's a fall fruit mark it true, else mark it false. Good luck!
- Cheers to fall! Raise a champagne filled cupcake in celebration! When you're done chomping down on that, go ahead and plan a festive fall dinner party.
- This week marked the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival. Did you eat your mooncakes?
- New Game: We give you a few ingredients and you tell us what you would make!
- We said farewell to ice cream and hello to soup! Each week PartySugar will bring you a new soup recipe. She's kicked things off with a creamy artichoke soup.
- Looking for a homemade lunchbox snack alternative? Try these homemade fruit roll ups.
- Science alert! How well does water clean your fruits and vegetables?
- Top Chef is just about over. This week we went from four contestants down to three.
- It's Oktoberfest time! How much do you know about it?
- Miss Martha is expanding her empire. First there was Macy's, and now there is her own wine. Speaking of Martha, did you see her and Amy Sedaris making cheeesballs?
- Is taking children on a field trip to a winery a good idea or bad one?
- Ugly is in! Don't miss out on this gallery of ugly tomatoes.
- And finally, would you eat fish balls?
For some reason, I used to be scared of polenta. I'm not sure why; after all, I love mashed potatoes and purees that have a similar texture. Luckily, I grew out of my food phobia and now love the creamy, delicious, Italian dish. This soft version of polenta is a great side to grilled meats, sausages, roast chicken or pork.
Although it's divine on its own, feel free to add a sauce, ragu, or sautéed vegetables to jazz it up. The rich yellow color makes it a great side to a fall themed dinner. To make it vegetarian, simply substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth. Get the recipe to this versatile dish now, just read more
A little while back, Yum featured a set of tea cup champagne glasses. This week I found these take out martini glasses that seem to continue the concept. The top half of the glass is a ceramic version of a classic Dixie cup and the bottom half is your typical martini glass stem. I'm a huge fan of mixing high and low, but this deconstructed version is too much for me and I absolutely hate them. What do you guys think?
Think you know what happened on YumSugar this week? Take our new weekly quiz and see if you do! All of the answers can be found in this past week's posts, so let's find out whether or not you've been paying attention! Ready to start?Take the Quiz