Just in time for the new season of American Idol, the folks at Dreyer's/Edy's have released their "second season" of American Idol flavors. They're urging their customers to check out all five Idol-themed Slow Churned Light flavors, and then vote for their favorite. This year the flavors are:
- Cheesecake Diva — cheesecake ice cream, brownie bites, and fudge swirls
- Cookies 'n' Dreamz — chocolate ice cream with crunchy chocolate cookies
- Mint Karaoke Cookie — mint ice cream with chocolate cookies
- Most Orange-inal — vanilla ice cream with orange sorbet swirls
- One Split Wonder — banana ice cream with fruit and fudge swirls
You have until May 31 to vote, but if you cast your vote before April 29, you will be entered in a contest to win a trip to the American Idol finale. The winning flavor will end up in the regular Slow Churned Light lineup.
To get the nation ready for the new flavors, last year's American Idol finalists Melinda Doolittle and Chris Richardson will go on a 20-city tour to perform and sample the flavors. They will actually give private living-room tours in each city.
Do any of the flavors strike your fancy? I haven't tried any of them yet, but going on names and descriptions only, I'll have to vote for Most Orange-inal. It sounds like a creamsicle in an ice-cream format!