if you're wondering what eating at El Bulli — the best restaurant in the world — is like, be sure to check out this account. It describes the four hour, once in a lifetime, too many courses to count dining experience. — Boarding Area via Bitten
Posts for April 26th 2008
- Live it up like the celebrities. Go on a photo tour behind the scenes at Les Deux, one of Hollywood's hottest night clubs. Plus, find out what co-owner Sylvain Bitton has to say about it.
- We've rounded out the final week of our wedding planning coverage, and have brought you everything from a full wedding plan, with invite ideas and meal suggestions, to tacky cake toppers.
- What did you think of this week's Top Chef? How about Hell's Kitchen? As always, we've got exclusive interviews with those that were booted off, be sure not to miss out on those!
- Jazz up regular peanut butter cookies by shoving mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups into the center.
- Would you eat this animal part?
- Can you identify the real limited-edition flavors from the fake?
- Finally, live every day like it's Earth Day, with our tips and ideas.
This week, I picked up some amazing looking beets at the farmers market. I've been saving them to make this weekend, as the weather is supposed to be great, and I want to invite folks over for a little gathering in my backyard. We'll have cool drinks and barbeque, but to start things off, I'm going to serve them a salad of summer greens, herbs, roasted beets and hazelnuts. To get the recipe, read more
Earlier this week McDonald's revealed the looks of their new British uniforms. Designed by couturier Bruce Oldfield, the uniforms — in a mocha, biscuit, and white color scheme — consist of collared shirts, baseball caps, and suits. The uniform update is part of McDonald's ongoing efforts to modernize the style and feel of the fast food experience. While I think it's an interesting idea, an ill fitting suit is never attractive and I can't imagine that the suits will be tailored to fit all 67,000 employees. How about you? What do you think of the uniforms?