When I saw this recipe for pancetta-wrapped peaches in the July issue of Food and Wine magazine, I knew I had to make it. The recipe takes four simple ingredients — peaches, pancetta, basil, and balsamic vinegar — and turns them into one incredibly delicious, perfectly balanced dish. The peaches are sweet and juicy, the pancetta is crisp and salty, and the basil is fresh and fragrant. The vinegar adds a light tanginess that makes this appetizer superbly gourmet. I brought them to a barbecue where they were paired with the host's refreshing, potent sangria. The coupling was the hit of the party! If there is one recipe you make this summer, make this one. To learn the technique, read more
Posts for August 16th 2008
Leave it to premium spirit Grey Goose to have a fabulously designed cocktail dress as a uniform. Inspired by the vodka bottle, the dress was created by fashion designer Rachel Roy. Since Grey Goose is her official sponsor, the cocktail dresses, which are to be worn by the brand's spokesmodels at publicity events, will debut at her fashion show in September. When compared to other food brand uniforms, I think these dresses are sleek and chic. How about you?
- My latest sandwich creation is inspired by a warm Summer night with friends.
- PartySugar plans a movie club meeting, complete with a full corn tasting menu.
- Could a Playboy Bunny ruin this restaurant chain's wholesome image?
- For a different warm-weather refreshment, try this ginger beer cooler.
- Summer stone fruit and a comforting dessert are combined to make my latest popsicle creation.
- This week's nachos highlight the savory flavors of Spain.
- Now that okra is in season, here are a few tips on selecting and preparing it.
- Just how clean are restaurants across the country?