Posts for July 18th 2009
- Seriously, make this cherry pie: it's the best you'll ever have.
- Party plans a "birthday paw-ty" for FabSugar's cutie-pie French bulldog.
- Starbucks is changing the names of several of its stores.
- Check out Summer's collection of cool, creamy ice cream cakes.
- We conducted a side-by-side test of two European raisin-and-nut chocolate bars.
- Find out why Texans love the soft filled pastries known as kolaches.
- An inside look at the food at a rustic wedding hosted on the banks of Northern California's Russian River.
Don’t miss the premiere of the new ABC Family original movie Labor Pains. Lindsay Lohan stars as Thea, an assistant at a publishing company who pretends to be pregnant in order to avoid being fired by her boss Mr. Steinwald (Chris Parnell). With the help of her friend and co-worker, Lisa (Cheryl Hines), Thea tries to pull off the deception long enough to ensure her job is secure. However, the lie quickly spins out of control. Labor Pains premieres Sunday, July 19, at 8/7c only on ABC Family.
The other day when I offered Danny a cherry tomato, I was shocked to hear him say no. Apparently he doesn't like tomatoes! Even more surprising, another Sugar staffer chimed in: "I don't like tomatoes either." To me, tomatoes are one of the most delicious fruits on the earth, especially during Summer when they are in season. I love tomatoes so much that sometimes I'll eat a plate of them with a little salt and olive oil as dinner. How do you feel about them?