1 7-to 8-ounce package Bulgarian feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 small handful lemon thyme
6-8 fresh basil leaves
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup or more extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound large cherry tomatoes*
12 pitted Kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
freshly ground pepper
- Toss cubed feta, shallot, herbs, and red pepper flakes (if using) in resealable jar or container. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill with enough olive oil to submerge the cheese, herbs, and shallot. Close the lid tightly and place in the refrigerator. Marinate for 1-2 days.
- Cut 12 tomatoes crosswise in half. Scoop out tomato pulp with melon baller or small spoon. Place tomatoes, cut side up, on serving plate.
- Stuff hollowed cherry tomatoes with marinated feta. Slide in olive half alongside cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
*I could only find small cherry tomatoes, so I made do with those.
- Appetizers, Vegetables
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern