Posts for October 2010
- Easy homemade Halloween candy: black-and-orange chocolate bark.
- Host an All Souls' Eve-themed dinner party before heading out to celebrate.
- Educate yourself on global candy culture with confections from around the world.
- Beyond pumpkin pie: 10 other ways to use pureed pumpkin.
- Can you tell what culinary slang is real and what's totally made up?
- Every World Series game will be a winner with homemade Cracker Jacks.
- Match Bobby Flay's regional burgers to the right place.
This October, pumpkin puree is the hottest seasonal ingredient to stir into cocktails. After noticing it in a recent recipe, I've seen it in countless other concoctions. One that caught my eye is this Fall-themed orange mojito. The combination of spiced rum, muddled mint, brown sugar, lime juice, and pumpkin puree is wonderfully balanced and quite refreshing. The pumpkin doesn't overpower the drink, instead it enhances the flavor of the rum. It's made like any other mojito, so you will need a muddler. Since rum is the only spirit, select a high-quality one like Cruzan's aged spiced rum. To give this cocktail a try — I promise you won't be disappointed — keep reading.