Posts for November 11th 2010
The new menu, which debuts Nov. 16, will "allow guests to experience lobster in a new and affordable way," executive Salli Setta said. "It has become incumbent that we have a wide variety of affordable entrées on the menu." The lineup includes lobster bisque, shrimp flatbread, and a New England lobster roll with lobster, mayonnaise, lemon, and spices on a buttered roll for $14 at lunch and $15 at dinner.
Hopefully, Red Lobster won't fall prey to the bad budget lobster roll. Does the menu sound like it has promise?
Source: Flickr User me and the sysop
Source: Flickr User ºFlorian
- Preview the Elle Decor Showhouse in San Francisco
- Get your unforgettable Thanksgiving menu here
- Democrats or Republicans: who watches these shows?
- How to turn your iPod Touch into a phone
- Race to the moon: plan the perfect space party
- 7 Harry Potter budgeting tricks we could use
- Hit the road with these celebrity runners
- Whatchu lookin' at? 5 dog walk distractions
1/4 cup Ginger Syrup, recipe below
4 1/2 cups sparkling apple cider
6 cinnamon sticks
6 pieces crystallized ginger
- Place 2 tablespoons ginger syrup in each of six glasses.
- Fill glasses with ice cubes, pour in cider, and stir to combine. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and fresh ginger, and serve.
2 cups sugar
1 six-inch piece fresh ginger, finely diced
- Place sugar, ginger, and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook about 1 hour, until ginger flavor is quite strong. Let cool; strain before using. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to a week.
Makes 2 cups.
- Drinks, Mocktails
- North American
Meanwhile, Gordon Ramsay announced he'll be taking ownership of Rotisserie Laurier BBQ, a barbecue restaurant in Montreal — the celebrity chef's first-ever foray into Canada. And rumors are abuzz that David Chang has signed a deal for Momofuku to land in Sydney.
As diners begin to open up their wallets again, American celebrity chef restaurateurs have begun considering expansions beyond stateside meccas like Las Vegas and Atlantic City.
For years, Ramsay has been "heavily considering" putting his stamp on Canada, and Puck describes London as being one of the "biggest cities for dining in the Western world right now." As for Chang? He's "infatuated" with Australia, describing it as "a place [he] could move to."
Will our country's top chefs fare in a city where they don't share the same clout as they do in America? Only time will tell.
Last year we partnered with our friends over at Portero.com to give away a fabulous Birkin. This year, we're teaming up with them again, as well as our pals at The Zoe Report and our very own ShopStyle to bring you the iconic and always coveted Hermès Kelly. The Kelly bag, named after a photo of Princess Grace Kelly carrying the then-named sac à dépêches bag in Life magazine, takes over 18 hours of work to create by a single artisan. Our Kelly is a gorgeous preowned and certified 32 cm. box calf Kelly Bag with Gold Hardware in classic black — timeless, always chic, and guaranteed to match any outfit. Ladies, this is the bag you will be passing along for generations to come.
To enter to win, all you have to do is sign up below for PopSugar's emails as well as our trusted partners' (Portero.com, The Zoe Report, and ShopStyle). Just enter your email below and you will be automatically entered for all of the emails. Hermès Kelly — classic, gorgeous, unreal. Here are the official rules.
Just enter your email address below!*