Posts for May 13th 2010
1 cup fresh orange juice
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
3 teaspoons salt, divided
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 whole chicken (about 3 3/4 pounds), neck and giblets removed, butterflied
1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
1 1/2 oranges
2 foil-wrapped bricks or 1 cast-iron skillet
- Whisk juices, olive oil, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, rosemary, and garlic in glass baking dish. Add chicken to marinade. Turn to coat; chill 2 hours, turning occasionally. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Mix remaining 2 teaspoons salt, paprika, and pepper in small bowl.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Slice 1/2 orange into 1/4- to 1/8-inch-thick slices. Remove chicken from marinade; pat dry. Loosen skin from chicken breast and slide 1 to 2 orange slices between skin and breast. Loosen skin from thighs and slide 1 to 2 orange slices between skin and thighs.*
- Rub paprika mixture over both sides of chicken.
- Place chicken, skin side down, on grill. Place foil-wrapped bricks or cast-iron skillet atop chicken (if using bricks, position 1 brick over top half of chicken and 1 brick over bottom half). Cover and grill until skin is crispy and brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove bricks or skillet. Using tongs or 2 large spatulas, turn chicken. Replace bricks or skillet and cook, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes longer. Let chicken rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place whole orange on grill and cook until slightly charred, turning often, about 1 minute. Cut into wedges and serve alongside for squeezing over chicken.*
*When I made this chicken, I ran out of oranges and did not place any under the skin. Nor did I serve grilled oranges alongside. However, it was still wonderful!
- Main Dishes, Poultry
To see photos of my meal, read more.
Whether you're planning a casual night in or a dinner with friends, McCormick Recipe Inspirations can put a flavorful, new twist on your favorite dishes. Each packet of premeasured McCormick spices and herbs comes with a helpful, detailed recipe card, so you'll have the tools and confidence to make a meal they'll remember.
Click here to discover Recipe Inspirations.
This pasta only gets better the more time the flavors are left to meld, so make it tonight and enjoy it tomorrow. It also makes a great picnic dish. Get the recipe after the break.
Jake Gyllenhaal's Prince of Persia hits theaters May 28, and we're so excited to see the video game come to life. We also can't get enough of the often shirtless leading man, which is why we're thrilled to announce that we're giving away a trip for two to LA to meet Jake Gyllenhaal at a special screening of Prince of Persia! You and a friend will be flown to California for an exciting sneak peek at the movie, and the Sugar Girls will be there, too! To enter, all you have to do is log in to your PopSugar Community account and take this quiz of Jake trivia! If you're not already a member, register now. It's so easy — check out the official rules here — it doesn't matter how you score, so hurry up and get started. The contest ends Thursday at midnight PDT. Jake awaits!Take the Quiz