I love sea salt and caramel with chocolate, so why not the smoky flavor of barbecue? I haven't had the chance to try the combination yet, but it sounds like a brilliant pairing. Do you feel the same way?
Posts for May 27th 2010
1 1/2 oz. citrus-flavored vodka
1/2 oz. Cointreau
1/4 oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
1 oz. cranberry juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a twist of orange, if desired.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American
4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into 3-inch pieces
Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
1 medium baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
2 garlic cloves
2 firm, ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
3 ounces manchego cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange prosciutto in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Brush with oil, and bake, rotating halfway through, until crisp and deep golden brown, about 9 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush generously with oil. Bake until light golden brown around edges, 8 to 9 minutes. Rub with garlic cloves.
- Mash avocados with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread avocado on baguette slices. Top each with a slice of cheese and a piece of prosciutto. Season with pepper.
Makes about 30; Serves 8 to 10.
- Appetizers, Crostini
- North American
To get the recipe for the sweet tea — it's the perfect Summer sipper to enjoy leisurely in the sun — read more
Each episode will feature four different contestants, from restaurateurs to home cooks, facing off in a three-round cooking elimination. In the first round, contestants will cook their favorite dishes for Rocco; in the second, they'll create an appetizer and concept for the week's assigned dinner party theme; in the last, the two remaining contestants will fashion a complete menu and decor to win.
To me, the concept sounds remarkably similar to Food Network's Chopped — only with parties. Still, I could see how Rocco's star power could make it successful. Will this be the next big cooking hit for Bravo?