1 cup water
1/2 cup edible flowers (such as marigolds, calendula, violas, pansies, or dianthus)
1 cup fresh raspberries
2 cups raspberry-, cherry-, or citrus-flavored vodka, chilled
2/3 cup orange liqueur
2 tablespoons kirsch
4 cups ice cubes
1 750-ml bottle sparkling wine or champagne, chilled
2 cups carbonated water, chilled (16 ounces)
- Make brittle: Pour water into bottom of 15x10x1-inch baking pan with sides (or use a 13x9x2-inch baking pan). Sprinkle surface of water evenly with about edible flowers and fresh raspberries.
- Freeze 3 hours or overnight. To unmold, allow to stand at room temperature 5 or 10 minutes or until ice can be removed. Remove from pan and break into large chunks. Place in punch just before serving.
- For punch: In a medium punch bowl combine vodka, orange liqueur, kirsch, and ice cubes.
- To preserve carbonation, carefully pour sparkling wine or champange and carbonated water down side of bowl. If desired, sweeten to taste with a little sugar.
- Top with some chunks of Raspberry Brittle. Serve each glass of punch with a piece of the Raspberry Brittle.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American