From Martha Stewart
Mixed Greens With Blackberries and Feta
2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (preferably lemon-infused)
10 ounces mixed salad greens, such as baby spinach and red-leaf and Boston lettuces
1 pound fresh blackberries (about 4 pints)
9 ounces feta cheese, preferably French, crumbled
Sugared Walnuts, recipe below
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together vinegar, orange juice, and salt. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Put salad greens, blackberries, feta, and walnuts into a bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper.
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
2 cups walnut halves (about 8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add walnuts, and blanch 2 minutes. Drain, and immediately toss with sugar-salt mixture.
- Transfer walnuts to a rimmed baking sheet, and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool. Sugared walnuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Makes about 2 cups.