- Make it: vegan brownies for a healthier treat!
- Anne Hathaway is engaged! See her beautiful diamond ring!
- Try these five healthy post-Thanksgiving meals
- Deck the halls with a candy cane manicure
- Prince William comes to the rescue — see his cutest moments in uniform
- Find picture-perfect looks for festive toddlers
- Chic little stocking stuffers to shop now
- Video: see Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes's romantic Parisian date!
- Holiday steals to give and get for studio apartment dwellers
- Check out more new pictures from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
- Time-saving gifts for busy professionals
- The Obamas and Bo receive the White House Christmas tree
- 57 gifting giving ideas for the geek in your life
- PopSugar NYC: 15 holiday gifts worth giving
Posts for November 28th 2011
Baking is one of those cooking joys that takes a lot of hard work and precision. The whole process can be a little intimidating to someone just starting out in the kitchen. If you have a baking newbie in your life, prepare to cross her off your list after checking out this gift guide. These 10 colorful treats are sure to bring some sweetness to the holiday and help her out in her new endeavor. Who knows? Maybe she'll even bake up a batch of your favorite cookies to say thanks!
I usually double the recipe because these go quickly!
1/2 pound shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients together by hand, until everything is well incorporated and forms into a dough.
- Roll pieces of dough into 1 inch balls and line evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until they have flattened out and are brown around the edges.
Makes approximately 15 wafers.
- Appetizers, Breads/Crackers
Now that Thanksgiving is over, the holiday countdown officially begins. There are exactly 33 days left in the calendar year, and if you haven't started planning your holiday party yet, pick an evening and invite friends over for some good eats, delicious drinks, and general merriment! From an ugly sweater party to a classic cookie swap, we've got 10 awesome ideas, complete with menu suggestions, drink recipes, and decorating tips, to inspire you.
- We're praying we've enough in our fridge for this Thanksgiving leftover mac and cheese. — Food Republic
- How to properly clean your cutting boards. — Kitchen Daily
- The holiday season highlights need at New York's soup kitchens. — Grub Street NY
- Emergency! Waitrose is out of Heston Blumenthal's Hidden Orange Christmas puddings. — Independent
- Is it too early to be looking at holiday punch recipes? — Saveur
- In case you missed it: the bizarrely delightful A Very Gaga Thanksgiving. — Eater
- Patsy Grimaldi is reclaiming the original Brooklyn Grimaldi's space. — Slice
- It's not too late to work off Thanksgiving. — The Daily Beast