- This lemon curd cake is fit for a queen — or a princess.
- Mario Batali talks about Gwyneth, The Chew, and his search for an assistant.
- Check out the beautiful royal wedding cake!
- Meet the winner of this year's Grilled Cheese Invitational.
- Easy substitutions for buttermilk, self-rising flour, and more.
- Make Thomas Keller's ultimate grilled cheese! (Hint: it contains potato chips.)
- Are you mishandling your cheese? Find out!
- 10 amazing dishes to make with bacon.
Posts for April 2011
1 white onion, peeled and quartered
1 fresh poblano chile or 2 Anaheim chiles (5 oz. total)
1 pound fresh tomatillos (5 to 6 large), husked
3 large garlic cloves, peeled
2 or 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, plus 1 tbsp. sauce
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Put onion, fresh chile, tomatillos, and garlic on a baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 in. from heat, turning once, until blackened, 8 to 10 minutes total. Let cool.
- Peel, stem, and seed fresh chile and cut into chunks. In a blender or food processor, whirl broiled onion, chile, tomatillos, garlic, chipotle chiles with sauce, cilantro, and lime juice until coarsely puréed. Season to taste with salt.
Makes 2 cups.
- Condiments/Sauces, Salsa
2 mint sprigs
2 lemon slices
2 orange slices
1 cucumber wheel, 1 cucumber spear and 1 cucumber ribbon (optional)
1 strawberry, halved
3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
2 ounces Pimm's No. 1 (English gin-based aperitif)
1/2 ounce Creole Shrub or Grand Marnier
3 ounces chilled ginger beer*
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the leaves of 1 mint sprig with 1 lemon slice, 1 orange slice, the cucumber wheel, half of the strawberry and the lemon juice.
- Add ice and the Pimm's and Creole Shrubb. Shake well and strain into an ice-filled pilsner glass.
- Stir in the ginger beer and garnish with the remaining mint sprig, lemon slice, orange slice, cucumber spear, cucumber ribbon and strawberry half.
Makes 1 drink.
*If you can't find ginger beer, use ginger ale.
- Drinks, Cocktails
See her rating of this bottle and more importantly the price by reading more.
- Seven margarita alternatives for Cinco de Mayo.
- Seven margarita alternatives for Cinco de Mayo. — Huffington Post Food
- How to make a bar-style pizza at home. — Serious Eats
- Will Starbucks kill the cake pop? — Slashfood
- Watch Pepsi's futuristic social vending machine in action. — Eater
- Sex and the City author Candace Bushnell prefers bloody marys to cosmos. — Grubstreet NY
- Is it tacky to use a coupon on a date? — Chow
- Are Per Se and The French Laundry really that different? — The Feast
- Cornish crab salad on lemon blini
- Pressed duck terrine with fruit chutney
- Roulade of goat's cheese with caramelized walnuts
- Assortment of palmiers and cheese straws
- Scottish smoked salmon rose on beetroot blini
- Miniature watercress and asparagus tart
- Poached asparagus spears with hollandaise sauce
- Quail eggs with celery salt
- Scottish langoustines with lemon mayonnaise
- Pressed confit of pork belly with crayfish and crackling
- Wild mushroom and celeriac chausson
For more appetizers, the dessert menu, and more photos of the spread, keep reading!