- See 10 breathtakingly romantic wedding dresses
- Find the latest rumors surrounding the launch of iPhone 5
- Aloha! Inspiration for a Hawaiian themed bridal shower
- The world's most fashionable kitty celebrates her birthday in style!
- Meaningful ways to spend your tax refund
- PopSugar City NYC: Best wedding dress destinations in the Big Apple
- Delicious dishes perfect for Easter
- Drew Barrymore goes red! Love it or hate it?
- Why we feel embarrassed for other people
- 5 Spring recipes for a healthy pregnancy
- Anthropologie gets creative with corks for Earth Day
- Get your Coachella 2011 lineup and concert guide to greatness!
- Celebs who danced the weight off on Dancing With the Stars
- Celebrity wedding pictures: PopSugar's ultimate slideshow!
- Video: Angelina, Brad, Johnny, and Penelope — Hollywood's hottest couples headed for Cannes!
Posts for April 14th 2011
For whipped maple topping:
2 tablespoons maple syrup, such as Blis
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
For sausage vinaigrette:
4 ounces sausage, patty style breakfast
2 tablespoons onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, fresh, grated
1 teaspoon sage, fresh, chopped
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons chili paste, such as harissa*
8 to 12 spears asparagus, trimmed
Salt and black pepper
4 large eggs
Salt and black pepper
4 ham steaks, trimmed, about 1/4-inch thick
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Crystal
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon basil, fresh, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chives, fresh, finely chopped
1 teaspoon tarragon, fresh, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 to 4 tablespoons lard, also known as manteca, or more if needed
- Make the whipped maple: Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whip cream to stiff peak. Fold in maple syrup. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Make the sausage vinaigrette: In a medium skillet over medium heat, combine sausage, onion, garlic, ginger, and sage. Cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up sausage, until sausage is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar, scraping up any browned bits in the skillet. Remove from the heat, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- Make the asparagus: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine oil and harissa. Arrange asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet and spread with harissa mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 10 minutes. Squeeze juice from lemon over asparagus. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- While asparagus is roasting, make the eggs. Prepare an ice bath and set aside. In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook eggs for exactly 6 minutes. Transfer eggs to the ice bath and set aside until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs, then season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Make ham cutlet: Place flour in a large, shallow bowl. In another large, shallow bowl, whisk eggs, mustard, and hot sauce. In a third large, shallow bowl, combine panko bread crumbs, parsley, basil, chives, tarragon, and garlic.
- In a very large skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons lard. Working one cutlet at a time, dredge in flour mixture, egg mixture, and panko mixture. Add cutlets to skillet and cook, in batches if necessary and using more lard as needed, until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer cutlets to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- To serve, arrange cutlets on plates, and spoon on breakfast sausage vinaigrette. Arrange egg on top and asparagus along side. Garnish with whipped maple.
- Main Dishes, Pork
- North American
The tasting was blind, fellow judges Martin Cate, owner of tiki bar Smuggler's Cove, and Borys Saciuk, brand ambassador for 42 Below Vodka, and I were behind a mirror, so we couldn't tell which bartender mixed which drink. Besides enjoying eight mighty delicious libations, I also learned some interesting things. To find out what they are, keep reading.
1 1/2 pounds fresh fava beans (in their pods)
1/2 C ricotta cheese (whole or part-skim)
3/4 C Pecorino Romano or Parmigiana-Reggiano cheese, finely grated
1 Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Generous salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Shell the beans and discard the pods.
- Heat a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook favas for 5 minutes until tender. Drain in a colander over the sink and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Remove the white casings from the individual beans and discard; the shelled bean will be a lively green color. You’ll want a generous cup of shelled beans.
- Put the shelled favas and the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Mash with a fork until some of the beans are crushed and some remain whole.
- Slice baguette into 1/4-inch slices. Toast the bread slices in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Spread a heaping tablespoon (more or less to your liking) of the bean mixture on the baguette slices. Drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired and enjoy.
- Appetizers, Crostini
- North American
Vitamin C is not only in oranges, but it’s also in grapefruit! Feeding your body proper nutrients is crucial for a healthy lifestyle, and incorporating Florida grapefruit into your diet is a great way to start. Be the best you by reaping the benefits of this tangy and delicious fruit.
- Helps achieve a healthy figure: Grapefruit has a high water content, which leaves you feeling full and satisfied with fewer than 100 calories per 8-ounce glass. Florida grapefruit juice can be enjoyed without all the guilt!
- Supports the immune system: Whether you’re eating half a medium grapefruit or drinking an 8-ounce glass of juice, you’ll be consuming at least 100 percent of the recommended daily value for vitamin C. Vitamin C helps support a healthy immune system, which is necessary to help your body resist disease.
- Be selective: According to a study conducted by the University of Florida, pink grapefruit juice has among the highest nutrient-density scores of commonly consumed 100-percent fruit juices, including apple, grape, pineapple, and prune juice, making Florida grapefruit juice an obvious choice.
- Gives a pick-me-up: Florida grapefruit helps provide your body with a natural boost of energy while supplying essential nutrients and delivering a tangy, refreshing flavor, making Florida grapefruit a perfect snack any time of day!
For more information on Florida grapefruit, check out www.facebook.com/juicyscoop.
The surprising programming offers a broad range of variety, from the cooking-centric (on the ranch with Pioneer Woman and blogger Ree Drummond) to the reality-heavy (a squabbling, multigenerational family of cookie bakers).
To see the full list, keep reading.
Easter weekend is coming up and whether you're religious or not, it's fun to celebrate the arrival of Spring with a special meal, be it a meat-free dinner on Friday or an egg-heavy brunch on Sunday. I've browsed our recipe collection and selected a scrumptious array of dishes to inspire you. Here are 10 wonderful eats ideal for offering on Easter.
It's once again wedding season on the PopSugar Network, and this year it's even more exciting than ever thanks to all the royal wedding mania! Whether you're getting excited for Prince William and Kate Middleton's big day, planning your own walk down the aisle, or deciding what to wear when your friends say "I do," we've got you covered. Plus, don't miss our exclusive Rent the Runway 50 percent off offer. We'll be taking you from engagement rings straight through to the first dance, the gifts, and the honeymoon, so don't miss a thing!