- See all 14 shades from the Kardashians' new nail polish kollection up klose!
- PopSugar City LA: fabulous salons your hair will love
- Celebrate Bastille Day with French cuisine
- Love at Hogwarts: romantic Harry Potter moments
- Summer’s hottest maternity trend is big and bold
- First look: Textile Elizabeth and James Summer
- Freshen your bedroom with a new pillow arrangement
- Harry Potter in pop culture: 10 memorable mentions
- In her shoes: secrets to being Michelle Phan, YouTube star
- Important exercises every high-heel wearer should do
- Baby raccoons hanging in a hammock
- Harry Potter's most magical witches and wizards
- Find out why colorblocking is trendy every season
- Video: have you seen Mila Kunis's new guy and sexy new spread?
- Sarah Jessica Parker does August's Vogue with Matthew, James Wilkie, and the twins!
Posts for July 12th 2011
When it comes to weeknight cooking, nothing beats pork tenderloin. The affordable cut usually comes two to a pack meaning it easily feeds a crowd. It also cooks incredibly quickly, faster than a whole chicken, in about 20 minutes. The best thing about pork tenderloin, however, is its versatile adaptability. It can be seasoned with everything from fresh herbs to spicy pastes. This recipe looks to Cuba for inspiration and marinates the pork in a generous mixture of fresh citrus, fragrant cumin and oregano, and lots of minced garlic. Thick slashes are made on the meat before it's dunked in the marinade; the result is juicy, tender pork packed with flavor. If you've got time, marinate overnight, but otherwise, give it a flash marinade for at least 30 minutes. For the uncomplicated recipe, read on.
Starbucks doesn't just want its coffee drinkers to drop in for joe each morning; it also wants customers to stay for lunch.
Today, the coffee company rolled out a new line of Bistro Boxes — all-day meals and snacks under 500 calories with a focus on healthier, more wholesome food — to approximately 5,400 Starbucks locations across the United States and Canada. The target? The 45 percent of Americans who are "wellness seekers looking for healthy options," according to one executive.
The lineup includes $7-and-under entrée-sized Bistro Boxes, such as Chipotle Chicken Wraps, Sesame Noodles, Chicken Lettuce Wraps, and a Salumi & Cheese box. Also available are the smaller-sized Tuna Salad, Protein Plate, Chicken & Hummus platter, and Cheese & Fruit box.
Given the trend of healthier on-the-go menu options, this rollout seems to make sense for Starbucks. But considering the fact that these items don't come cheap and Americans aren't willing to pay more for healthier options, it remains to be seen whether these offerings will be successful. Will you try them?
- Check out the cake Duff Goldman created for the Harry Potter premiere!
- Check out the cake Duff Goldman created for the Harry Potter premiere! — Eater
- What Giada de Laurentiis cooked for Prince William and Kate Middleton. — People
- Which brand of store-bought hummus is worth dipping into? — KitchenDaily
- A look at the top offerings from the Summer Fancy Foods show. — ABC news
- Canned goods that you should always keep on hand. — TLC
- Twenty-five celebrity-owned restaurants that are actually worth visiting. — The Daily Meal
- What really causes food coma. — Food Republic
- Ooh, la la: Chipotle's headed to Paris this Fall. — Grub Street NY
Lamb chops, cut from a frenched rack of lamb, are a great appetizer. Not only do they cook in a couple of minutes, but they're also elegant finger food that impress most foodies. Although I've never met a lamb lollipop that I didn't like, my current favorite recipe is this Southwestern-inspired variation.
The lamb chops are coated in a thick paste-like chipotle and roasted garlic marinade. Since the resulting lamb is slightly fiery, I served it with a cooling homemade crema to counteract the heat. If you have access to an outdoor grill, definitely throw these chops on it; the charcoal will impart a delicious smokiness to the meat. Interested in the recipe? Keep reading.
My Fare Foodie shared these bright pink boozy popsicles that look packed full of flavor.
Take sangria up a few notches by adding strawberries and peaches and then turning it into fun popsicles for adults!