- Fab's 25 favorite small bags for Fall — at every price
- Brad Pitt holds hands with Knox and Vivienne following a movie matinee
- 10 brown-bag lunches to try
- How to update your ombré highlights for Fall
- Lady Gaga's gender-bending alter ego, Jo Calderone, steals the show
- Baby gifts perfectly suited for Beyoncé and Jay-Z's new addition
- Add dramatic drapes to your chic space
- Watch the Britney Spears music video tribute at the VMAs
- Tips to becoming a productivity superstar
- Cheap fitness gear to reward and motivate yourself
- What do you know about French Bulldogs?
- Funny sites that will instantly lift your mood
- PopSugar Chicago: 5 must-try restaurants this Fall
- Video: Beyoncé celebrates her pregnancy at MTV VMAs with Jay-Z!
Posts for August 29th 2011
1-1/2 ounces dry gin
1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
3 dashes Angostura bitters
Lemon slice, for serving
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice. Add dry gin, sweet vermouth, and bitters; top off with seltzer. Stir and serve with a lemon wheel.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American
The price tag — which is awfully steep to pay for something coming out of a cart or a truck — got me thinking about what the price ceiling is when it comes to street food. What seems like a reasonable amount to pay for offerings such as banh mi tacos and caramelized s'mores? I don't think I would spend more than $12 on any single item I've ever seen come out of a food truck. Do you, like me, have a magic number?
Source: Flickr User mikedevlinTake the Quiz
I talked to the James Beard Award winner about what keeps his restaurants interesting, upcoming projects, and the controversial state of fine dining today.
YumSugar: Delfina's been open for 13 years. How do you continue to move forward?
Craig Stoll: It's just hard work. What we need right now, in order for our restaurants to continue to thrive and grow, is talent. We have a brand-new chef coming in here; you're the first to know. Matt Gandin, our chef de cuisine who's been with us nine years, is leaving; he doesn't know where he's going, but he wants to pursue his own thing, possibly Mexican food. Dylan Montano is coming in; I'm super excited for this. He's been the chef at Manzanita, Traci Des Jardins's restaurant in Lake Tahoe, and has worked at Quince.
Keep reading after the jump to learn about what Craig Stoll has planned next.
Kick-start your week with a healthy quinoa recipe courtesy of reader CheesePlease.
Love Quinoa? Try using it in a Thai-style green curry! Quinoa is more sophisticated than brown rice and nicely balances the savory flavors of the coconut milk-based curry.
It’s back to school season which means time for new denim! Denim is a must have for fall and Levi’s® Jeans epitomizes American style and effortless cool. Check out Levi’s® jeans available at Kohl’s, classic and sleek denim wear that will refresh everyone’s back to school look. Levi’s® stylish new jeans, at great prices are a must-have staple this season to outfit the guys, juniors and boys in your family. With a variety of styles like 514 Slim Straight for guys and 524 Skinny for juniors, you’ll be sure to find a pair for everyone. Even your littlest ones can get in on the action with a pair with boys 511 Skinny jeans. These Levi’s®, among others at Kohl’s are guaranteed to start the school year off right.
Want to see more of the great Levi’s® styles available at Kohl’s? Check out the slideshow and get inspired to shop for your family’s stylish back to school denim this season.